The side of my life that grows and changes with my interests and discoveries pertaining to the D/d and D/s world, with respect to my spiritual convictions/sensibilites. (This page is best viewed in Mozilla Firefox)



Christianity


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...





After clicking a video link to a clip from the trading spouses TV show (that I got off of GoddessAradia's blog) ... I felt a major need to explain the type of Christianity I mean when I talk about it. To think that people are out there calling themselves Christians - who act this way - blew my mind. I mean, I'm not naive - I knew it existed. But to actually see and hear it, to that degree, with my own two eyes, seriously struck a nerve. In fact, it nearly broke my heart. There are people who see that and think to themselves, "I knew Christians were freaks[or insert your own adjective here]." at least to some level. It turns them off to the whole idea of true Christianity and stereotypes all of the rest of us who actually live the life.

Christianity is such a huge part of mine and Rico's life, and so foundational - even to the D/s lifestyle we've come to incorporate. I'm guessing some of you may not like this all that much, probably won't even read it, but that's alright; this is me; my heart.

When I say Christian, I don't mean it in the liberal, flippant way its so frequently used. No - not at all. In fact, I mean it just the way it's supposed to be defined:


Chris·tian
adj.

1. Professing belief in Jesus as Christ or following the religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus.
2. Relating to or derived from Jesus or Jesus's teachings.
3. Manifesting the qualities or spirit of Jesus; Christlike.


That being said, I do profess not only belief in Jesus as Christ, but that He is my Lord, my Savior, and that He died on a cross for me some 2000 years ago; I take the Bible literally, and live by it to the best of my ability. It's given me purpose and happiness beyond anything else in this world.

Sorry, I had to make sure that when people thought of me they weren't thinking of someone like that lady in that clip!!!

|

About me

  • Intro (with up-to-date edits)
  • In Dreams

    "And in dreams I am free
    falling into what is not;
    what will be what is.

    It's this intense hatred
    for reality twisted
    in an obsession of hope

    Defy the stagnant
    life that speaks only
    what can be but wills not.

    God's grace,
    not my self fear
    of what I think I cannot be."

    -rivka

    Blogs I Like

    Previous posts

    Archives


    ATOM 0.3



    Previous
    Skip Previous 5
    List Previous 5
    List All SItes
    Spanking Ring Next
    Skip Next 5
    List Next 5
    Join this Ring
    This RingSurf Spanking Net Ring owned by My Beautiful Submission.

    eXTReMe Tracker