The side of my life that grows and changes with my interests and discoveries pertaining to the D/d and D/s world, with respect to my spiritual convictions/sensibilites. (This page is best viewed in Mozilla Firefox)



Geisha, rituals, and idle thoughts


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I thought I was back, but had unexpected visitors over the weekend. Sorry about that. Maybe my goal should be a post a week? LOL. Anyway... I've been doing a lot of thinking about rituals and protocols for a while now. If you've been reading my blog, you've probably seen a couple posts about that sort of thing already. Obviously, the topic really interests me.

A few weeks ago I got around to watching the movie "Memoirs of a Geisha." The movie itself was pretty good; still slightly adrift from the real thing. Nonetheless, it got me thinking about rituals again. To me, the art of the Geisha is beautiful. They trained for months...years... to learn the music, dance, song, makeup, dress, walk, and talk of the Geisha - women trained from girlhood to professionally entertain social gatherings of men. There are, I think, three different levels from the young girl in training to the full blown Geisha. It reminded me of the three "rings" or "collars" sometimes spoken of in D/s, M/s relationships. Actually, the whole ideal reminded me of the training sometimes involved in D/s and M/s relationships.

Although I'm not entirely sure "prostitution" is the word for what the Geisha ultimately does - I don't know all that much about the true Geishas from before the 1950's-60's - I will go ahead and say that I don't condone prostitution here and never will. I'm speaking strictly of the rituals and mindset behind the training and becoming of the Geisha.

To do something perfectly, beautifully, repetitively...fascinates me. No, I probably won't be performing a tea ritual for Rico in this lifetime, but maybe we could come up with other things that hold the same mindset behind them? The things that are pleasing to him. He does like "dancing" - not necessarily the Geisha dance - so I could perfect that in a way that he likes. And *ahem* other things... *weg* But not till after marriage, of course.

~~~

Lately I've been dealing with idle thoughts. What are idle thoughts? Those that play over and over in your head until they become way more than reality. Until your imagination takes them from reality, to make believe, and then to a false reality. That's when you blow up.

Or at least, that's what happens to me... I let the little things get to me. I let them build up and multiply until - in my mind - they are HUGE problems. It's sad really; because, I can see it happening and feel completely powerless to stop it all. It causes fights. It causes doubt. It causes every horrible thing imaginable all because I dwell on things I shouldn't dwell on.

So, from now on, I will try my hardest to think on "these things:"

"
Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things" - Philippians 4:8

|

About me

  • Intro (with up-to-date edits)
  • In Dreams

    "And in dreams I am free
    falling into what is not;
    what will be what is.

    It's this intense hatred
    for reality twisted
    in an obsession of hope

    Defy the stagnant
    life that speaks only
    what can be but wills not.

    God's grace,
    not my self fear
    of what I think I cannot be."

    -rivka

    Blogs I Like

    Previous posts

    Archives


    ATOM 0.3



    Previous
    Skip Previous 5
    List Previous 5
    List All SItes
    Spanking Ring Next
    Skip Next 5
    List Next 5
    Join this Ring
    This RingSurf Spanking Net Ring owned by My Beautiful Submission.

    eXTReMe Tracker