The side of my life that grows and changes with my interests and discoveries pertaining to the D/d and D/s world, with respect to my spiritual convictions/sensibilites. (This page is best viewed in Mozilla Firefox)



Closure (Patty)


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I wasn't going to post about this... but I feel like I ought to just to help my own peace of mind, albeit slightly late. It won't be long and I'll go write that "decent" post I've been meaning to forever now, but it'll be enough.

Yes, I'm new... to all of you. But I've lurked the D/d and D/s world for years; mainly the forums. And that's where I met the persona I knew as Patty. Since I was just a lurker, I didn't have much personal contact with anyone. I just read my heart out. The reason this whole ordeal with Patty upset me is because I believed it all... I definitely don't claim to have "known" something was "off" the whole time. The very closest I ever came to any kind of doubt was thinking to myself how incredible a marriage she had, and how insecure she could be at times (but I'd remind myself that I've been in the depths of insecurity so many times myself).

I've noticed that on a lot of blogs where people are talking about this, they only know what they have read on Patty's blog. Well, I'll go ahead and explain that although a lot of people are feeling hurt from that site alone, there's a lot of history elsewhere that pertains to the hurt others are feeling.

Over time, she racked up quite a lot of bouts with people in which she would take extreme offense and lash out in various different ways. Yet her insights to this kink, and other things, were very informative and inspirational; keeping her "reality" safe from critical inspection. I watched good, well-meaning people, become ostracized time and again due to slight remarks that Patty twisted around to mean ill will, rudeness, etc. Maybe I feel guilty for standing by? Believing the lies? Continuing to feel for her - even now?

I don't hate her, and I'm not bitter. It upset me for a while, but excepting some inklings of guilt, I'm over that as well. However, I can't sympathize. I'm not a genius, and don't claim any knowledge of psychology, but I believe that her problems are fed by attention. One thing I do know is that people sometimes have to reach rock bottom before they can truly begin to change. Though I won't sympathize with her, I have compassion for her. Does that make sense to you? I will pray for her and hope that her life becomes a normal one, but I can't encourage self-pity. *blinks* Hope nobody gets pissed at me for that; just trying to word what I actually feel.


She's removed from my list of blogs I like to read for now... despite the fact that I will probably keep reading from time to time out of a strange fascination with where things are going there.

These two posts: Okay, I've had it!, and On trust, vulnerability and ethics by Bliatz (who I've added to my blog list) are very good.

~~~

It takes good memory to keep up a lie.

Pierre Corneille (1606–1684)


I am a villain. Yet I lie, I am not.

Fool, of thyself speak well. Fool, do not flatter.

My conscience hath a thousand several tongues,

And every tongue brings in a several tale,

And every tale condemns me for a villain.

Perjury, perjury, in the highest degree,

Murder, stern murder, in the direst degree,

All several sins, all used in each degree,

Throng to the bar, crying all, “Guilty! Guilty!”

I shall despair. There is no creature loves me,

And if I die no soul will pity me.

And wherefore should they, since that I myself

Find in myself no pity to myself?

William Shakespeare (1564–1616)


Like one

Who having into truth, by telling of it,

Made such a sinner of his memory,

To credit his own lie.
William Shakespeare (1564–1616)

|

About me

  • Intro (with up-to-date edits)
  • In Dreams

    "And in dreams I am free
    falling into what is not;
    what will be what is.

    It's this intense hatred
    for reality twisted
    in an obsession of hope

    Defy the stagnant
    life that speaks only
    what can be but wills not.

    God's grace,
    not my self fear
    of what I think I cannot be."

    -rivka

    Blogs I Like

    Previous posts

    Archives


    ATOM 0.3



    Previous
    Skip Previous 5
    List Previous 5
    List All SItes
    Spanking Ring Next
    Skip Next 5
    List Next 5
    Join this Ring
    This RingSurf Spanking Net Ring owned by My Beautiful Submission.

    eXTReMe Tracker