The side of my life that grows and changes with my interests and discoveries pertaining to the D/d and D/s world, with respect to my spiritual convictions/sensibilites. (This page is best viewed in Mozilla Firefox)



Bits and pieces, and what is D/d and D/s??


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



OK, I'm back! How was everyone's Easter?




I can't say as much for the week before it, or yesterday, but Easter Sunday itself was great. Rico and I spent the whole day together and really had a good time. He gave me a dozen roses, diamond earrings, and an anklet inscribed "rivka{R}". Needless to say, I was a pile of mush. There I was expecting Hershey's and Gummi Worms - I was shocked!

In case you don't know what the inscription stands for, it's an online (I've mainly seen it used on forums) way of saying that the person before the brackets is the slave or sub of the person initialed inside the brackets. Since no one in our r.l. has a clue about all that, it was perfect for us.

For some of you who have emailed me, I am so sorry I've not gotten back to you yet. I will...soon!

And C, in your comment you asked "What's the difference between D/d and D/s? Is there a difference?" There's two answers: the simple, and the complicated. I've written before about how I really despise labels and defining who people are and what exactly it is they do in this lifestyle, but I realize that there has to be some kinds of general definitions to offer a basic idea to others.

The simple answer is that D/d is Domestic Discipline - the incorporation of corporal punishment as a consequence to wrong actions; generally with the male partner being HOH, or, Head of Household.

And, D/s is Domination/Submission - when one partner is the Dominant and the other submits to his/her desires and pleasures on different levels depending on the individual couple.

Since the complicated answer is, well, complicated... I'm going to just summarize some of my thoughts. Also, different people think different things... so my idea of what things are and aren't, is not going to be the same as other peoples'.

D/s and D/d (in the definitions written in the "simple answer") can obviously mix if a "D/s couple" wants corporal punishment. And it can go the other way around if a "D/d couple" is into a deeper Dominant/submissive relationship than just the basic "he gets the last say" that seems to go with the HOH ideal. In my opinion, most people who consider themselves just D/d are the ones who slink from the idea of BDSM while those who are playing with the idea of D/s are more likely to be into the kinks that are relative to BDSM.

Then, of course, there are those that are strictly into spanking. No D/d, definitely no D/s, and no way on God's green earth BDSM.

And all the mixes..: D/s with lots of BDSM, D/s with D/d and BDSM, just spanking with some D/d, etc, etc....

*sighs* See? Complicated...

I'm starting to feel not-so-good so I'm going to go ahead and lay down now, but maybe I'll come back to all this in the future. Good question! =) I like when people ask me things, it gives me post material - lol.

Oh, and I found out today that
my blog is worth over $10,000! *g* In fantasy money that is... but still cool.

|

About me

  • Intro (with up-to-date edits)
  • In Dreams

    "And in dreams I am free
    falling into what is not;
    what will be what is.

    It's this intense hatred
    for reality twisted
    in an obsession of hope

    Defy the stagnant
    life that speaks only
    what can be but wills not.

    God's grace,
    not my self fear
    of what I think I cannot be."

    -rivka

    Blogs I Like

    Previous posts

    Archives


    ATOM 0.3



    Previous
    Skip Previous 5
    List Previous 5
    List All SItes
    Spanking Ring Next
    Skip Next 5
    List Next 5
    Join this Ring
    This RingSurf Spanking Net Ring owned by My Beautiful Submission.

    eXTReMe Tracker