The side of my life that grows and changes with my interests and discoveries pertaining to the D/d and D/s world, with respect to my spiritual convictions/sensibilites. (This page is best viewed in Mozilla Firefox)



Protocol?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I've been reading and thinking a lot on protocols in a D/d, D/s relationship. It's amazing the diversity and extremity out there. Some are borderline vanilla, while others reach way into realms I'd rather not go - and then there are rituals.
I like protocols, though. Maybe it's my curiosity, maybe my intense longing to release more and more control... I'm not really sure of the "why's", but I do know they prick that little interest sensor in my brain.


When I think of protocols in my relationship, I think of a respectful, power-exchanging habit. Although the dictionary definition I found (www.dictionary.com) doesn't cover what I mean by it, this thesaurus search does:



Main Entry: protocol
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: rules
Synonyms: agreement, code, compact, concordant, conduct, contract, conventions, courtesy, covenant, custom, decorum, etiquette, formalities, good form, manners, obligation, order, pact, politesse, propriety, treaty


It is an agreement between the two of us that I follow a certain formality; pay a certain courtesy, respect a certain order of conduct.

Although circumstances prevent a whole range of things I'd love to try one day, there are still a few things we can do right now. No matter how simple, or even vanilla *g*, when I do them a conscientious power exchange is made. There are some that are less strict than others. Like responding to him with a title (Yes, Sir). Then there are those we follow almost religiously.
I'd love to give credit where credit is due, but most of these were picked up over hours of scanning zillions of blogs and websites.

Here's a short list of the protocols we follow that I can think of off-the-bat:

-Responding to him with a title.
-Staying within about 10 feet of him unless permitted to go elsewhere.

-Standing and sitting at his right side.

-Waiting for him to give me permission to eat or fix him something to eat.

Those are the main ones. They are small acts that can be performed in the outside world, that aren't obvious enough to attract unwanted attention, yet give me the power-exchanging mindset I long for and love.
Do you follow types of protocol?

|

About me

  • Intro (with up-to-date edits)
  • In Dreams

    "And in dreams I am free
    falling into what is not;
    what will be what is.

    It's this intense hatred
    for reality twisted
    in an obsession of hope

    Defy the stagnant
    life that speaks only
    what can be but wills not.

    God's grace,
    not my self fear
    of what I think I cannot be."

    -rivka

    Blogs I Like

    Previous posts

    Archives


    ATOM 0.3



    Previous
    Skip Previous 5
    List Previous 5
    List All SItes
    Spanking Ring Next
    Skip Next 5
    List Next 5
    Join this Ring
    This RingSurf Spanking Net Ring owned by My Beautiful Submission.

    eXTReMe Tracker