The side of my life that grows and changes with my interests and discoveries pertaining to the D/d and D/s world, with respect to my spiritual convictions/sensibilites. (This page is best viewed in Mozilla Firefox)



Miscommunication...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



... sucks.

But, it's amazing how you love someone all the more if you go through something hard with them and make it out the other side together. At least, that's how it is for us.

Communication skills were definitely not top priority in my raising. Learning how to explain how you feel and why is a whole lot harder than it may sound. Rico and I both had uniquely opposite childhoods; both hard and painful in their own way. Buried insecurities surface in our relationship with one another every now and then. When you know so much about someone that you could write their biography, you tend to automatically assume things about their thoughts and feelings based on real life facts. When you combine assumptions with issues and hurts, you create disaster. Disaster = major breakdown in communication resulting in even more pain and hurt.

Thank God for grace, mercy, and understanding though, right? Those three things get us through.

~~~

On a different note, LOL. A thought struck me today as Rico and I playfully referred to one another in terms like, "Dom," "Sub," "Master," "Slave," "Lord," "Servant." Etc. I used to get royally pi$$ed when I heard people use this verse:

"For instance, Sarah obeyed her husband, Abraham, when she called him her master..." 1 Peter 3:6a

Some other versions use the word, "lord." Anyhow, it truly irked me to hear that verse quoted. Mainly because it was being used to rub in someone's face, including my own at times, coupled with a picture of what the perfect submissive wife would really say and do. You get the point. What I found amusingly ironic is the fact that I know I will be calling my husband "Sir" and "Master" on a fairly regular basis. (We're not even married and I already use the term "Sir" seriously and "Master" on a more playful basis.) And also the fact that I *want* to. I'm not being forced, I'm not having this ideal smashed into my face - it's totally my own act of respect and true submission to his deserved authority. I give the glory to God for that change in my life, of course. But the point is, I never imagined myself to be at the place I am now. Somehow I seriously doubt anyone else did either, LOL!


|

About me

  • Intro (with up-to-date edits)
  • In Dreams

    "And in dreams I am free
    falling into what is not;
    what will be what is.

    It's this intense hatred
    for reality twisted
    in an obsession of hope

    Defy the stagnant
    life that speaks only
    what can be but wills not.

    God's grace,
    not my self fear
    of what I think I cannot be."

    -rivka

    Blogs I Like

    Previous posts

    Archives


    ATOM 0.3



    Previous
    Skip Previous 5
    List Previous 5
    List All SItes
    Spanking Ring Next
    Skip Next 5
    List Next 5
    Join this Ring
    This RingSurf Spanking Net Ring owned by My Beautiful Submission.

    eXTReMe Tracker